Recipe by CHEF GRPA
This sweet, fruity marinade has the power of pineapple and cider vinegar to work its way into meat. Add to this a collection of flavors that turn any cut of pork or chicken into something truly great. I would recomend it to any pork chop lover.
Top Review by CarrolJ
This marinade was a bit of disappointing. It didn't taste bad, it just didn't give as much flavor as I expected. I had sliced the pork loin chops about 1/4 inch thick and marinaded the meat for 24 hours. I told my DH to basically lightly brown both sides on both sides and not to cook too long since the slices were thin. I didn't want the meat to become tough or overdone. It still was slightly pink in the middle and was not dry, but it wasn't as tender or as flavorful as I expected. I did cook the marinade as suggested but didn't think it was as great as posted. I was hoping that it would be a good substitute for a professionally sold Pineapple marinade, but didn't quite reach to that level. Perhaps a little bit more 'heat' or other seasonings would give a boost to the flavor. Made for PAC Spring 2013.
- 1 cup crushed pineapple
- 1⁄3 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon powdered clove
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all ingredients together and use immediately or store in airtight container for up to 7 days.
- Note: This marinade is delicious and worth every drop. The longer I kept my chicken in the better -- I also use brown sugar in this recipe which really enhances these flavors together. I added some chile pepper flakes that gives it a perfect kick.
- On pork tenderloi. I added one teaspoon of cayenne pepper and gave it a little kick.
- Tasted great. I boiled the marinade and served it warm alongside the chicken as a sauce. Too good to waste! You will be definitely make this again.
- Very good, cant wait to make it again I let it marinade for 30 minutes next time will let marinade for at least an hour but all in all made my families tummy very satisfied!