Recipe by Sue Lau
Rita goes tropical. Give her 2 tickets to Hawaii and see what happens? She may never come back.
Top Review by rosslare
Nice margarita, but the pineapple gave it funny texture and not that much flavor after all. I only use a fracture of the ice mentioned in cocktails, but that only makes them less watery and more intense, in my humble view.
- 1 1⁄4 ounces tequila
- 3⁄4 ounce triple sec
- 1 1⁄2 ounces pineapple juice
- 1 ounce lime juice
- 1 ounce prepared prepared sweet-and-sour mix
- 1⁄3 cup pineapple chunk, frozen
- 2 cups crushed ice
Directions See How It's Made
- Rub rim of margarita glass with lime wedge and dip in granulated sugar.
- Process tequila, triple sec, pineapple juice, lime juice, sweet and sour mix, pineapple chunks, and crushed ice in a blender until smooth.
- Pour into a margarita glass.
- Garnish with a speared pineapple chunk and cherry, if desired.