1/1 Photo of Pineapple Mango Tango Scallops Skewers
This Grand Prize winner of Robert Mondavi's 3rd Annual Art of the Skewer Recipe Contest was created by Pat Neaves. The cook time includes the 15 minutes for marinating.
My Private Note
mango t ...
Units: US | Metric
- 24 large sea scallops
- 2 large mangoes, peeled and seeded
- 2 cups fresh pineapple, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 largelime, juice and zest Anjou pear
- 1 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 medium red peppers, cut into 1-inch pieces (green, orange or yellow would also work!)
- 1Pre-heat grill to medium high, and place grate at least 4 inches above fire.
- 2In food processor, combine 1 mango, 1 C pineapple, sesame oil, lime juice and zest and lemon pepper. Process until smooth, and set aside in small bowl.
- 3Combine lemon juice and sugar in a large bowl and stir until dissolved. Add scallops and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 15 minutes.
- 4Thread four scallops per skewer with the remaining mango (cut into ½-inch pieces), pineapple and pepper, alternating evenly.
- 5Grill about four minutes on each side, until scallops turn opaque and have a bit of char to them. Transfer to a platter or individual plates and drizzle with sauce.
Browse Our Top Mango Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pineapple Mango Tango Scallops Skewers
Serving Size: 1 (297 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 178.6
- Calories from Fat 15
- Total Fat 1.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 14.4 mg
- Sodium 238.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 27.6 g
- Protein 9.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: