Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
Adapted from Family Circle All-Time Favorite Recipes. My kids love these.
- 2 cups cubed pineapple (fresh or juice-packed canned)
- 1 cup cubed mango
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup light corn syrup
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 -3 tablespoons sugar (optional, to taste)
- Add the first 6 ingredients to the container of a food processor or blender; blend until smooth.
- Taste and add sugar if needed.
- Pour mixture into a 9x9 inch baking pan.
- Freeze for 2 hours or until firm.
- Cut frozen mixture into cubes.
- Place cubes in processor or blender.
- Whirl until smooth, scraping down the sides as needed; serve immediately.
- Place any unused in an airtight freezer containers; freeze up to 2 months.
- Variations: Blueberry-Blackberry Ice--substitute 2 cups blueberries for the pineapple and 1 cup blackberries for the mango.
- Honeydew-Kiwi Ice--substitute 2 cups cubed honeydew melon for the pineapple and 1 cup cubed kiwi for the mango.
- Watermelon-Strawberry Ice--substitute 2 cups cubed, pitted watermelon for the pineapple and 1 cup sliced strawberries for the mango.
Our teenage son and his friends couldn't get enough of this marvolous, fruity concoction.