Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
You can adjust the heat by keeping more or fewer habanero halves. I found two halves to be just spicy enough for me, one or two more still would've been OK. I didn't think gloves would be necessary for handling the habaneros, but I wholeheartedly recommend them now!
- Cut all of the fruits as directed, and place the mango and banana in a blender with 1/4 cup water to blend.
- Mix the blended mango and banana and the pineapple chunks in a pot and mash with a potato masher.
- Set the pot on medium heat, adding freshly squeezed lime juice from two limes.
- Bring the pot to a slow boil and add the sugar and pectin.
- Once boiling, add the habanero halves and allow to boil for another 3-5 minutes.
- Discard 5 of the habaneros (10 halves in total), and mince the remaining habanero (i.e. two halves) and add back to the mixture.
- Ladle the jam into sterilized canning jars (leaving 1/4 inch head room) and boil for 10+ minutes depending on altitude and jar size.
- Allow to cool on a wire rack.