Prep 30 mins
Cook 8 hrs
Substitute with different combinations of jello, sherbet, juices and fruit for your favourite flavours.
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 (6 ounce) package orange Jell-O
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 pint Orange sherbet, slightly softened
- 1 cup pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1 (10 ounce) can mandarin orange segments, drained
- 1⁄4 cup maraschino cherry, drained and chopped
- 1⁄4 cup coconut, lightly toasted
- In a large mixing bowl add the hot water to the jello, stirring till dissolved. Stir in orange juice. Chill until mixture begins to thicken ( I chill it in a sink half full of ice cubes, about 20 minutes ).
- Stir in sour ceam and sherbet, beat until thick and foamy. Fold in pineapple, mandarin orange segments and cherries. Pour into a lightly oiled 2 quart mold.
- Chill for 8 hours.*.
- Unmold, sprinkle with toasted coconut and serve.
- * Chill time is listed as cook time.