1/1 Photo of Pineapple Mandarin Orange Cream Orzo Salad
Montana Heart Song's Note:
I adapted this recipe to use orzo pasta. You may use rice but if you do, use more cream. This can be made ahead, chilled.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat 2 quarts water in pot, when boiled add pasta. Cook until done but firm.
- 2About 10 - 12 minutes. Stir while cooking.
- 3Drain in a colandar.
- 4Cool, then put in large bowl.
- 5In medium chilled metal mixing bowl, add whipping cream. Beat until soft peaks form, then slowly add the sugar and beat until stiff peaks form.Add optional nutmeg or cinnamon. Gently stir in vanilla.
- 6Fold the cream into the pasta, then add the pineapple and mandarin orange slices.
- 7Note: Save 4 mandarin orange slices for garnish on the top with mint leaves if available.
- 8Cover and chill before serving.
- 9You may serve individually in parfait glasses if you wish.
- 10Note: You may use Chinese 5 spice powder as a dash for a garnish on top. This is optional for taste, color.
Browse Our Top Citrus Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pineapple Mandarin Orange Cream Orzo Salad
Serving Size: 1 (208 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 534.1
- Calories from Fat 207
- Total Fat 23.0 g
- Saturated Fat 13.8 g
- Cholesterol 81.5 mg
- Sodium 30.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 73.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 24.5 g
- Protein 10.0 g