Beautiful presentation and a taste sensation.Very easy quick recipe to prepare. This recipe was originally from "Mealtime"
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 6 skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 (8 ounce) can pineapple chunks, drained, reserve juice
- 1 (10 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained, reserve juice
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, Chopped
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar or 2 tablespoons brown sugar substitute
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- Brown & cook the peppered chicken breasts in the tbsp of oil, cook until internal temperature reaches 170F (apprx 12 minutes).Brown evenly on all sides.
- Transfer to a platter and keep warm.
- While the chicken is cooking gather your sauce ingredients.
- Drain your orange & Pineapple juices into a bowl, stir in the cornstarch.
- Pour juice into the skillet, over medium heat, add remaining ingredients, stir and bring to a simmer.
- Cook until thickened (3-4 minutes).
- Return Chicken to skillet, heat through & serve.