Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Beautiful presentation and a taste sensation.Very easy quick recipe to prepare. This recipe was originally from "Mealtime"
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 6 skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 (8 ounce) can pineapple chunks, drained, reserve juice
- 1 (10 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained, reserve juice
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, Chopped
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar or 2 tablespoons brown sugar substitute
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- Brown & cook the peppered chicken breasts in the tbsp of oil, cook until internal temperature reaches 170F (apprx 12 minutes).Brown evenly on all sides.
- Transfer to a platter and keep warm.
- While the chicken is cooking gather your sauce ingredients.
- Drain your orange & Pineapple juices into a bowl, stir in the cornstarch.
- Pour juice into the skillet, over medium heat, add remaining ingredients, stir and bring to a simmer.
- Cook until thickened (3-4 minutes).
- Return Chicken to skillet, heat through & serve.
We tried this the other night and it was very good! It could have used a third tsp of cornstarch but otherwise I think it turned out well. Very tasty, we will definitely make it again.
Excellent - only thing I did different was to cut up the chicken so we could have it over jasmine rice. It made so much I had a great lunch for work. Thank you Bergy!
Mmmm this was really outstanding chicken!! Nice and moist and lots of taste. The sauce was out of this world good, the pineapple, orange and ginger complimented each other beautifully. This one will be a regular on our menu, thanks Bergy for sharing another keeper!!