Recipe by Bergy
Beautiful presentation and a taste sensation.Very easy quick recipe to prepare. This recipe was originally from "Mealtime"
Top Review by Babushka
We tried this the other night and it was very good! It could have used a third tsp of cornstarch but otherwise I think it turned out well. Very tasty, we will definitely make it again.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 6 skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 (8 ounce) can pineapple chunks, drained, reserve juice
- 1 (10 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained, reserve juice
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, Chopped
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar or 2 tablespoons brown sugar substitute
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown & cook the peppered chicken breasts in the tbsp of oil, cook until internal temperature reaches 170F (apprx 12 minutes).Brown evenly on all sides.
- Transfer to a platter and keep warm.
- While the chicken is cooking gather your sauce ingredients.
- Drain your orange & Pineapple juices into a bowl, stir in the cornstarch.
- Pour juice into the skillet, over medium heat, add remaining ingredients, stir and bring to a simmer.
- Cook until thickened (3-4 minutes).
- Return Chicken to skillet, heat through & serve.