Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
I was leafing through some old magazines at the library and I found this recipe. I haven't tried it yet, but once the temperature starts cooling off, and I can use my oven again, I'll be sure to make it.
- Prepare pie crust according to package directions for one-crust filled pie using 10-inch tart pan with removable bottom. (Refrigerate remaining crust for later use.).
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Place cookie sheet in oven to heat.
- In medium saucepan, melt margarine over low heat; remove from heat. Add sugar, corn syrup, rum extract and eggs; beat with wire whisk until well blended.
- Arrange nuts in bottom of crust-lined pan. Arrange pineapple around edge of tart over nuts. Carefully pour egg mixture over pineapple and nuts.
- Place tart in oven on heated cookie sheet. Bake at 375 degrees F. for 40 to 50 minutes or until top of tart is deep golden brown. Cool completely.