Recipe by QueenJellyBean
A Taste of Home recipe that is simple and seems perfect on a summer evening!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 1⁄2 cups finely chopped macadamia nuts
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon caribbean jerk seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried onion flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup crushed pineapple
- 2 tablespoons apricot preserves, warmed
- lettuce leaf
Directions See How It's Made
- Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness.
- In a shallow bowl, combine the nuts, seasoned salt, jerk seasoning, minced onion, onion powder and pepper.
- Place egg in another shallow bowl.
- Dip chicken in egg; coat with nut mixture. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- In a skillet, cook chicken in oil for 3-4 minutes on each side or until chicken juices run clear.
- In a small bowl, combine pineapple and apricot preserves.
- Place lettuce on each plate; top with chicken and pineapple mixture.