Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
From the 'WINNERS" edition of "The Best Of Bridge" cookbook series. MMMMmmmm... Moist and Marvelous!!!
- Cream butter, sugar and egg.
- Add orange juice and rind and mix well.
- Sift flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Add to creamed mixture and then stir in pineapple and pecans.
- Pour into a greased 9" by 5" loaf pan.
- Let stand while oven heats to 350 degrees.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
In spite of the fact that I made some changes to veganize this recipe and the middle collapsed as a result, the flavor remained delicious. My vegan changes are Earth Balance margarine instead of butter (it's non-hydrogenated), whole spelt flour instead of white wheat, and flax egg substitute. This loaf has just the right a mount of sweetness, and the edges get browned and crispy while the middle remains very moist. I think adding baking powder next time will help prevent the sinking middle, and mine needed more than 45 minutes to bake, more like 53. mmm. tasty.