Recipe by Boyz 5
From the 'WINNERS" edition of "The Best Of Bridge" cookbook series. MMMMmmmm... Moist and Marvelous!!!
Top Review by kokeshi doll
In spite of the fact that I made some changes to veganize this recipe and the middle collapsed as a result, the flavor remained delicious. My vegan changes are Earth Balance margarine instead of butter (it's non-hydrogenated), whole spelt flour instead of white wheat, and flax egg substitute. This loaf has just the right a mount of sweetness, and the edges get browned and crispy while the middle remains very moist. I think adding baking powder next time will help prevent the sinking middle, and mine needed more than 45 minutes to bake, more like 53. mmm. tasty.
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1⁄3 cup orange juice concentrate
- 1 tablespoon grated orange rind
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup crushed pineapple with juice
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream butter, sugar and egg.
- Add orange juice and rind and mix well.
- Sift flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Add to creamed mixture and then stir in pineapple and pecans.
- Pour into a greased 9" by 5" loaf pan.
- Let stand while oven heats to 350 degrees.
- Bake for 45 minutes.