Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 hrs
My mom made this at every holiday celebration. Very nostalgic. Very green. MMM MMM good! (Cook time is fridge time).
- 1 (6 ounce) box lime Jell-O gelatin
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple, juice reserved
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 cup of reserved pineapple juice (you may have a little less)
- 1⁄2 cup cold water
- 8 ounces sour cream
- Drain pineapple and reserve liquid.
- Spray Jello mold or bowl with PAM cooking spray.
- Dissolve Jell-o in 2 cups of boiling water, stirring for a few minutes.
- Add enough cold water to the reserved pineapple juice to equal 1.5 cups, and add to Jell-o mixture.
- Whisk in about 8 oz. sour cream (mom used a little less).
- Dump pineapple inches.
- Chill until set.
- If you want to unmold the dish, set bowl into warm water for 30 seconds, and place plate on top of bowl.
- Invert the bowl onto the plate and let the jell-o slide out.
This was ok for me. My mom used to make a jello that tasted like this only she used cottage cheese. This certain recipe had too much pineapple flavor to it. Oh well thanks anyway.
Don't wait until a holiday to enjoy this wonderful treat. This is a nice change-of-pace way to prepare Jell-O...very light and refreshing. Thanks for sharing this winner. GotsaLuvMe. Can't wait to make it again.