Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Adapted from Thoroughly Modern Milkshakes by Adam Ried. The original recipe called for 6 tablespoons of sugar, if your pineapple is a bit sour you might need that amount.
- 1 1⁄2 cups ice cubes (or crushed ice)
- 1⁄2 cup water, cold
- 1 tablespoon lime juice, freshly squeezed
- 4 cups fresh pineapple (well-chilled, cut in 1 1/2-inch chunks)
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- Place ice cubes in blender and pulse to crush.
- Add water, lime juice, pineapple and sugar to blender. Pulse several times. Use a flexible spatula to mash fruit down.
- Continue blending until mixture is slushy, about 30 - 90 seconds.