Prep 45 mins
Cook 0 mins
Here is another sweet, fruity, mint tea. My dad says this is the drink of the Gods.
- 5 cups cold water, divided
- 6 regular-size tea bags
- 3 lemons, cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh mint leaves, torn
- 1 (12 ounce) canfrozen pineapple juice concentrate, thawed
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- In a saucepan, bring 2 cups of water to a boil.
- Put the tea bags, lemon slices, and mint leaves into the saucepan; cover, take pan off the stove burner and let steep for 20 minutes.
- In a 2-quart pitcher, add the pineapple juice concentrate, 3 cups water, sugar, vanilla extract, and almond extract.
- Strain the tea using a fine mesh strainer.
- Add the strained tea to the pineapple liquid.
- Stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Let tea cool to room temperature, then chill and serve on ice.