Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Lots of convenience foods but it tastes scrumptious!
- 18 ounces yellow cake mix or 18 ounces white cake mix
- 3 eggs (or as called for by your cake mix) or 3 egg whites (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1⁄3 cup oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 1⁄3 cups water (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 (3 ounce) box lemon Jell-O gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 (15 ounce) can crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 (3 ounce) box vanilla flavor instant pudding and pie filling mix
- 8 ounces frozen dessert topping, thawed
- Preheat oven as directed on cake mix. Grease a 9x13 pan.
- Prepare cake as directed on package and bake.
- As soon as it is out of the oven, combine the boiling water with the Jell-o.
- With a long tined fork or skewer, poke holes all over the cake.
- Slowly pour the Jell-o over the cake so it is absorbed into the holes.
- Cool completely.
- Mix together the pineapple, instant pudding and dessert topping.
- Spread over the cake.
- Refrigerate cake before serving.