Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Nice and tasty cookies; a very pleasant mix for a vegan and non vegan alike
- 1⁄2 cup vegan margarine, melted or 1⁄2 cup canola oil
- 1 1⁄2-2 teaspoons lemon extract
- 1 cup sugar (Use your favorite vegan variety.)
- 1 cup canned crushed pineapple, drained
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup all-purpose flour or 1 cup unbleached flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, blend together the margarine or oil, extract, and sugar. Fold in the canned pineapple.
- Stir in the salt and baking powder, then the flours, blending well. Do not beat.
- Drop mixture by Tablespoonfuls on parchment-lined insulated cookie sheets or greased regular cookie sheets. Bake for about 20 minutes or until set. When done, cookies should be only very lightly browned. Cool on wire racks.
Very good! I use double the amount of pineapple... and everybody loves them.