- 1⁄2 cup vegan margarine, melted or 1⁄2 cup canola oil
- 1 1⁄2-2 teaspoons lemon extract
- 1 cup sugar (Use your favorite vegan variety.)
- 1 cup canned crushed pineapple, drained
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup all-purpose flour or 1 cup unbleached flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, blend together the margarine or oil, extract, and sugar. Fold in the canned pineapple.
- Stir in the salt and baking powder, then the flours, blending well. Do not beat.
- Drop mixture by Tablespoonfuls on parchment-lined insulated cookie sheets or greased regular cookie sheets. Bake for about 20 minutes or until set. When done, cookies should be only very lightly browned. Cool on wire racks.