This is so easy and quick but it tastes fabulous. It's great to serve to guests during the summer as a dessert or special occasion cake. I've made it many times and received lots of compliments on it. Another treasure from my church cook book.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (18 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 3 eggs (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1/3 cup oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 1/3 cups water (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 (20 ounce) can unsweetened crushed canned pineapple, drained
- 1 (4 ounce) package vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1 (12 ounce) carton frozen whipped topping, thawed (Cool Whip)
- 1Prepare cake batter according to package directions and pour into 2 9" round floured pans.
- 2Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes.
- 3Allow cake to cool completely.
- 4Combine the drained crushed pineapple (you might have to squeeze it a bit with your hand to make sure it's not too liquidy still!) and the dry pudding mix thoroughly.
- 5Fold in the thawed Cool Whip.
- 6Use the Cool Whip mixture to frost the cake, putting the layers together.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pineapple Layer Cake
Serving Size: 1 (172 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 397.1
- Calories from Fat 176
- Total Fat 19.5 g
- Saturated Fat 8.1 g
- Cholesterol 53.7 mg
- Sodium 441.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 37.4 g
- Protein 4.0 g