Recipe by KLV
This is so easy and quick but it tastes fabulous. It's great to serve to guests during the summer as a dessert or special occasion cake. I've made it many times and received lots of compliments on it. Another treasure from my church cook book.
- 1 (18 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 3 eggs (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1⁄3 cup oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 1⁄3 cups water (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 (20 ounce) can unsweetened crushed canned pineapple, drained
- 1 (4 ounce) package vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1 (12 ounce) carton frozen whipped topping, thawed (Cool Whip)
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare cake batter according to package directions and pour into 2 9" round floured pans.
- Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes.
- Allow cake to cool completely.
- Combine the drained crushed pineapple (you might have to squeeze it a bit with your hand to make sure it's not too liquidy still!) and the dry pudding mix thoroughly.
- Fold in the thawed Cool Whip.
- Use the Cool Whip mixture to frost the cake, putting the layers together.