Recipe by Cabin Cat
I wanted something not quite but almost a cheesecake. Checked my pantry and this was the result. I used a a glass dish for eye appeal. It would be easier to serve if made in a spring form pan. This could be changed to a lemon dessert by using a can of lemon pie filling in place of the pineapple. Just hold back a half cup of lemon filling before folding into the mix to use for a glaze on top and eliminate the cherry filling.
- 8 ounces whipped topping (lite or reg)
- 8 ounces cream cheese (Neufchatel or reg)
- 1⁄2 cup confectioners sugar
- 1 (22 ounce) can pineapple pie filling
- 1 (22 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- 1 (3 ounce) package ladyfingers or 1 (8 inch) deep dish graham cracker pie crust
Directions See How It's Made
- Line the sides an attractive glass bowl or an 8" or 9" spring form pan with ladyfingers. If there are any remaining, put on the bottom.
- Skip this step if using a pie crust.
- Beat confectioners sugar into softened cream cheese until fluffy.
- Beat whipped topping into this mixture, reserve 2/3 C at this point if you plan to decorate the top.
- Fold in pineapple pie filling.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- If decorating use star tip or put dollops of topping on with a spoon.
- Add a single layer of cherry pie filling in the center of the dessert.
- Chill at least four to six hours or over night.