Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I developed this recipe because I wanted something a little different from the usual pineapple mango salsas out there. It's sweetness complements the spiciness of another dish very well....for example, It went really well with our ZWT3 team's jerk recipe! The jerk recipe is V's Grilled Jerk Pork Tenderloin and Pineapple Mango-Kiwi Salsa, if you want to check that out. But, I think this salsa is also good by itself. Cooking time does not include time to let the salsa sit and absorb the flavors.
- 2 cups fresh pineapple
- 1 cup fresh mango
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1⁄3 cup purple onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1 tablespoon rum (or to taste)
- 1 tablespoon jalapeno, chopped fine
- 1 kiwi, chopped
- Place all ingredients in a bowl and mix together.
- Let it sit to allow the flavors to mingle.
Made exactly as directed and just didn't appreciate the taste of this mango salsa. For me, it was the fresh ginger that overpowered everything else. I tasted before I added the rum and felt that the rum also was not a good addition. DS wouldn't even touch it, although DH gave it 4 stars (he REALLY likes ginger) - I guess we were all over the board on this one. Made for ZWT4.