Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
try this with turkey burgers or grilled fish.
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 shallots, sliced thin
- 2 teaspoons ginger, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 pineapple, peeled and chopped
- 1⁄4 mango, peeled and chopped
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup pineapple juice
- 5 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- Heat medium saucepan over high heat.
- Heat vegetable oil and add shallots, ginger, cloves, cinnamon and garlic.
- Reduce heat to medium and cook for 2 minutes, stirring often.
- Add the pineapple, mango, cider vinegar, pineapple juice, brown sugar and lime juice.
- Bring to boil and reduce to a simmer.
- Simmer for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and puree in blender or food processor.
- Strain and let cool.
Not bad. A bit of an acquired taste. Goes good with tortilla chips. Almost addictive, but a bit sickening after a while due to the sweetness. Not like the red pineapple ketchup I've had with Japanese burgers and fries in the past. I think to get something like that I would have to mix it with actual ketchup.