Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
This a jellyroll with a twist! A sunny pineapple filling... =)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup pineapple juice
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup crushed pineapple
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 cup juice
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Line an 11 x 15 jellyroll pan with wax paper, then grease well.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Mix sugar and pineapple juice together; set aside.
- Beat egg whites until stiff, but not dry; set aside.
- Beat yolks until thick. Add sugar mixture a little at a time, beating well after each addition. Fold yolk mixture carefully into beaten egg whites.
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt.
- Fold gently into egg mixture.
- Add vanilla extract; fold in gently.
- Pour into prepared jelly roll pan.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched.
- Turn out onto a damp cloth.
- Strip off paper; cut crisp edges.
- Spread with filling and roll.
- Filling: In saucepan put pineapple, sugar and liquid.
- Bring to boiling point.
- Dissolve cornstarch in small amount of cold water.
- Add to hot pineapple mixture.
- Cook until smooth and thickened, stirring constantly.
- Cool and spread on unrolled cake and re-roll.
- Sprinkle top of roll with confectioners' sugar.