Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is my standard dish to take to salad suppers and also for holidays. If you like pineapple you will love the flavor of this.
- 1 (6 ounce) package lemon Jell-O gelatin
- 1 cup crushed pineapple (drain and save juice)
- 2 bananas, sliced
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup Cool Whip
- grated cheese
- chopped nuts
- Mix jello according to pk directions, add pineapple, bananas and marshmallows.
- Pour into a 9x13 inch pan.
- Chill until firm.
- In top of double boiler, mix eggs, butter, flour, sugar.
- Add reserved pineapple juice (if reserved juice is not quite one cup you may add enough water to make one full cup) Cook and stir until thick.
- Fold in cool whip.
- Spread over jello.
- Top with grated cheese and nuts.
- I use 1/4 cup grated cheddar cheese and 1/4 cup chopped walnuts.
A since past relative made this every holiday but didn't leave the recipe. This is it, exactly. Wonderful, unique recipe.
I use to make this salad and lost the recipe and forgot about it. It was always a hit when I did make it, especially with a ham meal. Will be making for the holidays. Thank you for posting, it is very appreciated!