Prep 4 hrs
Cook 0 mins
This is the dessert that we always requested that my grandmother make. It is so simple and quick to make. Plan ahead though to allow it to chill. Chilling blends the flavors. It freezes well. Prep time includes chill time.
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple, well drained
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped nuts
- 1 (12 ounce) box vanilla wafers, crushed
- 2 cups whipping cream, whipped
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- Mix together eggs, sugar, butter, and beat until light.
- Crumble 2/3 of the vanilla wafters in the bottom of a 9x13 pan.
- Spread mixture evenly over top of cookie crumbs.
- Add pineapple, then cream, then nuts, and cover with remaining vanilla wafters.
- Cover and chill to allow flavors to blend before serving.
- Remove 30 minutes before serving.