Recipe by Stacey Sweet
This is an easy, inexpensive, crowd pleaser. This should be served in the pineapple for presentation. Stacey
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove the core from the pineapple and scrape out the pulp and juice.
- place in a blender or food processer and puree.
- reserve the pineapple shells, cover in plastick wrap and chill in the refrigerator while preparing other ingredients.
- Pour pineapple puree into a small bowl, cover and keep chilled.
- In a medium sauce pan heat the water on low and add the sugar.
- Stir until dissolved.
- Add the pineapple puree and mix well.
- Transfer to a freezerproof container.
- Put lid on tightly and freeze for 3 hours.
- Whisk the egg white until stiff than gradually whick in the pinneapple ice water until frothy.
- Cover and freeze until firm.
- Transfer from the freezer to the refrigerator for 10 minutes to soften, before serving.
- Scoop pineapple ice back into reserved pineapple shell for serving.