Recipe by Seasoned Cook
COOL TASTING PIE!! A creamy cool pie with much flavor! Great to serve guests. Easy preparation and can be prepared ahead and kept in the freezer. Also works well when Splenda is substituted.
Top Review by Braunda
Very Good Pie!!! I could not find a 17oz can of Pineapple so I used a 20oz with no problems that I can tell. Both pies were gone in 2 days. Everyone liked it!! I sure will me making over and over. Thank You for a wonderful recipe. Hugs
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 481.94 g crushed pineapple, undrained
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 85.04 g lemon Jell-O gelatin
- 340.19 g can evaporated milk
- 2 graham cracker pie crust
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix sugar, pineapple and eggs in a saucepan. Let come to a boil just long enough to cook eggs. Remove from heat and stir in lemon jello. Let cool thoroughly.
- Chill evaporated milk just until icy. With electric mixer beat chilled evaporated milk until fluffy. Fold chilled milk into cooled mixture.
- Pour into 2 graham cracker pie crusts and let pie cool completely at least 6 hours before serving. May be frozen and kept until serving.
- Cooking time does not include chilling time.