Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
COOL TASTING PIE!! A creamy cool pie with much flavor! Great to serve guests. Easy preparation and can be prepared ahead and kept in the freezer. Also works well when Splenda is substituted.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 (17 ounce) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 1 (3 ounce) lemon Jell-O gelatin
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 2 graham cracker pie crust
- Mix sugar, pineapple and eggs in a saucepan. Let come to a boil just long enough to cook eggs. Remove from heat and stir in lemon jello. Let cool thoroughly.
- Chill evaporated milk just until icy. With electric mixer beat chilled evaporated milk until fluffy. Fold chilled milk into cooled mixture.
- Pour into 2 graham cracker pie crusts and let pie cool completely at least 6 hours before serving. May be frozen and kept until serving.
- Cooking time does not include chilling time.
Very Good Pie!!! I could not find a 17oz can of Pineapple so I used a 20oz with no problems that I can tell. Both pies were gone in 2 days. Everyone liked it!! I sure will me making over and over. Thank You for a wonderful recipe. Hugs