Recipe by Courtly
“I rely on my ice cream maker when whipping up this five-ingredient frozen treat. The creamy concoction has just the right amount of pineapple to keep guests asking for more." -Phyllis Schmalz. From taste of home.
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 3⁄4 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, undrained
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan, cook the eggs and milk over medium heat for 8 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160 and mixture coats a metal spoon. Stir in sugar until dissolved.
- Cool. Stir in the cream and pineapple.
- Fill cylinder of ice cream freezer two-thirds full; freeze according to manufacturer’s directions.
- Refrigerate remaining mixture until ready to freeze.
- Allow ice cream to ripen in refrigerator freezer for 2-4 hours before serving.
- May be frozen for up to 2 months.