Recipe by Dylan's Grandpa
Easy to make stir fry thats loaded with flavor Recipe came from long ago lost cookbook from a second hand book store. It is still the most flavorful stir fry I have ever made. Adjust the amount of jalapenos to your own taste.
Top Review by Quiltbunny
Very good. I stupidly doubled the sauce, which diluted the "kick" of the jalapenos (which we all love) so I won't do that again next time, it didn't need the extra sauce at all. Everyone really liked this one, though!
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple chunks
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 skinless chicken breast halves, cut into small pieces for stir fry
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 bunches green onions, bias sliced into 1 inch lengths
- 1 -2 teaspoon canned jalapeno slices, diced fine
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain pineapple; reserve juice. Blend reserved juice into cornstarch; stir in soy sauce. Add chicken and marinade to zip lock bag and marinade at room temperature for 30 minutes. Drain chicken; reserving marinade.
- Preheat wok over medium high heat; add canola oil. Add green onions; stir fry 30 seconds. Add jalapenos; stir fry 30 seconds. Add garlic; stir fry 1 minute more. Remove vegetables from wok. Add more oil if necessary. Add half of chicken to hot wok and stir fry 2 to 3 minutes. Remove chicken. Stir fry remaining chicken 2 to 3 minutes. Return all chicken to wok. Stir marinade and stir into chicken. Cook and stir until thick and bubbly. Add onions,peppers, garlic and pineapple. Cover and cook 1 minute. Serve over hot white rice.