In this drink, the pineapple skin and core simmers with the rice and water to extract maximum flavor. Then add extra pieces of pineapple goodness to amp up the flavor. Puree with a sprinkling of sugar and you’re done.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Trim and core the pineapple, adding the pieces to a large pot(just use core and skin trimmings-so thrifty!).
- 2Sprinkle in the rice and water. Mix it up good.
- 3Let simmer, covered, for 30 minutes. Remove the skin and core, then puree the rice water with up to 2 cups cubed pineapple.
- 4You can use an immersion blender, or a regular blender but be careful – cool before blending.
- 5Strain the horchata and whisk together with as much sugar as you’d like. One cup is about right.
- 6You may drink this straight and it will be a smoothie consistency, or you can dilute it with water to make a thinner cocoction.
- 7Either way , add a spear of sweet pineapple.
Browse Our Top Non-Alcoholic Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Non-Alcoholic Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pineapple Horchata(Mexico)
Serving Size: 1 (4144 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1928.5
- Calories from Fat 19
- Total Fat 2.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 98.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 473.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 15.4 g
- Sugars 288.7 g
- Protein 17.7 g