Pineapple, honeydew, mango, and crystallized ginger combine to make this refreshing fruit salad. I would serve this as a side to mexican or Thai food.
- 2 cups diced peeled fresh pineapple
- 1 cup diced seeded peeled honeydew melon
- 1 cup diced peeled pitted mango
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced fresh cilantro or 1 tablespoon mint
- 1 tablespoon minced crystallized ginger
- 1 tablespoon minced red bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- Mix all ingredients except sesame seeds in large bowl. Let stand 10 minutes for flavors to blend. Divide fruit mixture among wine glasses and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
This was LOVELY!! A nice refreshing, not-too-sweet summer delight! I didn't even use all the lime/honey sauce. I used mint instead of cilantro and next time I'll try the cilantro. I agree with TnT; one can use this as a base for other fruits.
I don't know if I should really be reviewing this because I made it my own. I used the fresh fruit I had on hand: blueberries, pineapple, strawberries and kiwi. Tossed it in lime and orange juice and the ginger and mint. It was really good, perfect for breakfast.
Wow, cookiedog, this is amazing! Had it last night with a Mexican meal and again tonight as my meal. Used pineapple packed in platic and mango from a jar, both in the produce aisles. The blend of ingredients was balanced just right, but I think the crystallized ginger put it over the top. Thnx for posting such a great recipe which we will have frequently.