Recipe by BLUE ROSE
A decortive way to serve a salad in the pineapple shell. Cutting the pineapple varies on time.
Top Review by kiwidutch
I was between several ratings for this one... I had half of this immediately after making it and the sour cream jut *made* the dish.. it was delicious. However when I had the rest later I thought that the flavours had changed quite radically and it had a subtle but pronounced sourness that definiately wasn't there before. If I had only had it *only* later I probably would have rated it 2 or 3 stars, and if I had had all of it immediately I might have given it 5. I decided on 4 stars becuase it is excellent if eaten immediately and if I need to make this in advance I will mix everything in except the sour cream and add that diectly before eating. That way I can enjoy it at it's very best. Please see my rating system: 4 stars for a recipe that works very well indeed if you handle it right. Thanks!
- 1 fresh pineapple, leave outer skin on
- 2 cups cooked ham, cut into chunks
- 6 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup celery, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut pineapple in half lengthwise through crown. Remove fruit. leaving shells intact. Core and dice fruit.
- In large bowl, combine pineapple, ham chunks, cherry tomatoes, celery and green onions.
- In small bowl, combine all remaining ingredients for dressing, blending well.
- Spoon dressing over pineapple combination, tossing gently to mix.
- Pile salad into pineapple shells to serve. Makes 4 to 6 servings.