Recipe by CrystalRN
I got this from my mother years ago and haven't made a ham without it since!
Top Review by Vyrianna
This is a simple glaze that went wonderfully with our ham. I didn't have crushed pineapple on hand so I used pineapple tidbits instead, but it still worked well, we had people going after the pineapple that was still sitting in the glaze when the ham was gone.
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (8 1/4 ounce) can crushed pineapple in syrup, undrained
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard (French's etc)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix brown sugar, cornstarch and salt in small saucepan.
- Stir in pineapple, lemon juice and mustard.
- cook over medium heat stirring constantly until mixture thickens and boils.
- Boil and stir for one minute.
- Remove ham about 20 minutes before done, pour drippings from pan. Cut fat surface of ham in diamond shapes.
- Pour glaze over or pat on with brush.
- Bake 20 more minutes at 325.