Recipe by Ms B.
This is an adopted recipe that I found to be an incredible blend of flavors. The basil is so fresh with the sweetness of the pineapple and saltiness of the feta and ham. I used a refrigerated pizza crust, but homemade would just make it better.
Top Review by LonghornMama
Good! Everyone in the family enjoyed this. An interesting and delicious combination of ingredients. There's not enough pineapple to make it too sweet, and I was hesitant about the walnuts but they did add another layer of flavor and an interesting crunchiness. Used recipe #70165. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
- 1 recipe pizza dough, your favorite recipe
- 1 1⁄2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup crushed pineapple, drained
- 1⁄4 cup walnuts, broken
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, slivered
- 1⁄4 cup deli ham, cut in fine shreds
- 1⁄4 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Use a well-seasoned heavy cast iron skillet, at least 12" in diameter.
- Preheat oven to 450 F (very HOT).
- Toss grated mozzarella cheese with 2 tablespoons olive oil.
- Drizzle 2 tablespoons olive oil into skillet.
- Press dough into pan.
- Spread mozzarella over crust then follow in this order with: pineapple, ham, basil, walnuts, feta.
- Drizzle remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil on top.
- Put into very hot preheated oven - bake for about 20 minutes.
- Use a spatula to lift edge of crust to check that it is golden and crisp.
- Remove when done to your liking, transfer to platter, slice and serve.