This is an adopted recipe that I found to be an incredible blend of flavors. The basil is so fresh with the sweetness of the pineapple and saltiness of the feta and ham. I used a refrigerated pizza crust, but homemade would just make it better.
- Use a well-seasoned heavy cast iron skillet, at least 12" in diameter.
- Preheat oven to 450 F (very HOT).
- Toss grated mozzarella cheese with 2 tablespoons olive oil.
- Drizzle 2 tablespoons olive oil into skillet.
- Press dough into pan.
- Spread mozzarella over crust then follow in this order with: pineapple, ham, basil, walnuts, feta.
- Drizzle remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil on top.
- Put into very hot preheated oven - bake for about 20 minutes.
- Use a spatula to lift edge of crust to check that it is golden and crisp.
- Remove when done to your liking, transfer to platter, slice and serve.