Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a nice salsa that is especially good with any seafood. It goes particularly well with fresh Hawaiian ahi. I usually use a jalapeno pepper instead of the habanero to cool it down a notch. From Bon Appetit.
- 1 pineapple, cored, peeled, rind reserved, coarsely chopped (2 cups)
- 29.58 ml fresh pineapple juice, squeezed from reserved rind with your hands
- 29.58 ml fresh lime juice
- 14.79 ml molasses, mild
- 3 scallions, finely chopped
- 1.23 ml habaneros (1/4 to 1/2) or 1.23 ml scotch bonnet pepper, seeded and minced (1/4 to 1/2)
- 4.92 ml fresh thyme, chopped
- 3.69 ml salt
- 1.23 ml ground allspice
- Toss all ingredients together in a bowl and let stand, stirring occasionally, 30 minutes, to blend flavors.
- Salsa can be made 1 day ahead and chilled, covered. Bring to room temperature before serving.
This was wonderful, wasn't so sure about the molasses, but it came out to be a great salsa. Made for ZWT4
Excellent salsa, sweet and spicy. Served on grilled halibut. For PAC.