This is a nice salsa that is especially good with any seafood. It goes particularly well with fresh Hawaiian ahi. I usually use a jalapeno pepper instead of the habanero to cool it down a notch. From Bon Appetit.
- 1⁄2 pineapple, cored, peeled, rind reserved, coarsely chopped (2 cups)
- 2 tablespoons fresh pineapple juice, squeezed from reserved rind with your hands
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon molasses, mild
- 3 scallions, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon habaneros (1/4 to 1/2) or 1⁄4 teaspoon scotch bonnet pepper, seeded and minced (1/4 to 1/2)
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground allspice
- Toss all ingredients together in a bowl and let stand, stirring occasionally, 30 minutes, to blend flavors.
- Salsa can be made 1 day ahead and chilled, covered. Bring to room temperature before serving.
This was wonderful, wasn't so sure about the molasses, but it came out to be a great salsa. Made for ZWT4
Excellent salsa, sweet and spicy. Served on grilled halibut. For PAC.