- 1 (8 ounce) can pineapple rings, juice drained and reserved
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 pork chops
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together the drained pineapple juice, brown sugar, soy sauce, and garlic powder together in a large plastic zipper bag, and smush the bag a few times with your hands to mix the marinade and dissolve the sugar.
- Place the pork chops into the marinade, squeeze out any air in the bag, seal it, and refrigerate overnight. Reserve the pineapple rings.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium heat, and lightly oil the grate.
- Remove the chops from the marinade, shaking off excess, and grill until browned, the meat is no longer pink inside, and the meat shows good grill marks, 5 to 8 minutes per side.
- Brush several times with marinade and let the marinade cook onto the surface of the meat. Discard excess marinade.
- While the meat is grilling, place 4 pineapple rings onto the grill, and allow to cook until hot and the slices show grill marks; serve the chops topped with the grilled pineapple rings.