Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Great side dish, add any extra's of your choice: chopped onions, peppers, nuts.
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple chunks in juice, reserve 3 tablespoons juice
- 1⁄3 cup granulated sugar, depending on your taste
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup buttery cracker, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons salted butter, melted
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly grease a shallow 2 quart baking dish.
- Drain pineapple, reserving 3 tablespoons of the juice.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the reserved juice, sugar and flour.
- Stir in the pineapple chunks and cheese, stirring well to mix.
- Spread mixture evenly in the greased baking pan.
- In a small bowl, combine the cracker crumbs with the melted butter, sprinkle evenly over the pineapple mixture.
- Bake about 25 minutes or until bubbly.