Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
got this in my email, tried it,added a few touches, delicious. i buy the precored pineapple for convenience on a workday, and i used my home grown peppers and basil.
- 2 cups chopped fresh pineapple
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 1 tablespoon diced jalapeno pepper
- 2 tablespoons Thai basil, chopped
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 2 ounces crumbled gorgonzola
- Combine pineapple, carrot, green and jalapeno peppers in a medium bowl, toss gently.
- Combine vinegar and the next 3 ingredients and stir well with a wire whisk.
- Pour over pineapple mixture, add basil and toss.
- Cover and chill 1 hour.
- Top with gorgonzola just before serving.
- garnish with basil sprigs, optional.