Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I believe this recipe originally came from a Dole Pineapple can. The pineapple sauce makes ordinary pork chops special.
- 4 pork loin chops, 3/4 to 1-inch thick
- 1 garlic cloves, minced or 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1⁄2 cup apple jelly
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- Brown chops with garlic in margarine, in large skillet. Remove chops from skillet. Spoon off fat.
- Add pineapple, jelly, cinnamon and ginger to skillet. Cook, over medium heat, until jelly melts.
- Return chops to skillet; spoon sauce over chops. Reduce heat to low.
- Cover; cook 10 minutes or until chops are no longer pink. Remove chops to serving platter; keep warm.
- Stir together water and cornstarch; add to skillet. Cool stirring, until thickened. Spoon sauce over chops.