Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This can be done in a grill pan or on the outside grill. Very easy and yummy tasting.
- 6 medium pork chops, 1/2 to 3/4 inch thick or 6 chicken breast halves
- 1 (8 ounce) can pineapple rings, drained (reserve juice)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup spicy brown mustard
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Drain pineapple and reserve juice. Add water to reserved juice to make 1 cup.
- Salt and pepper pork chops to taste.
- In a small sauce pan combine pineapple juice mixed with water, brown sugar and mustard, bring to a light boil.
- Combine cornstarch with 1/4 cup water until smooth.
- Reduce heat and stir in lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce and cornstarch mixture. Simmer for 3 minutes until thick, stirring constantly.
- Brush sauce on pork chops (or chicken breasts if desired) and place on a prepared grill or in a hot grill pan.
- Brown pork chops for 4 minutes on each side, brush on more sauce and top with pineapple rings.
- Cook for 2 or 3 more minutes.
- Turn so pineapple rings are on the grill surface and get the nice grill marks, cook for 2 or 3 more minutes.
- Flip once more baste with sauce, check doneness of pork chops or chicken, if done allow to rest for five minutes and serve.
SPRING PAC 2009: I used this on chicken as I didn't have any pork chops and didn't feel like going to the store when I got ready to grill. It was a nice baste with a good flavor. I did add a little more cornstarch as I like my sauces thick.