Recipe by JackieOhNo!
Woman's World 8/29/00
Top Review by Crafty Lady 13
I used thighs and legs and ended up with an amazing meal. The chicken was moist and tender. The glaze really makes this dish. I love the combination of sweet and spicy. I'm looking foward to making these again at our next cookout. Made for ZWT5. Update: This recipe is in my Top Favorites of 2009 Cookbook.
- 1⁄3 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup pineapple preserves
- 1⁄4 cup pineapple juice
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lime zest
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 (3 5/8 lb) roasting chickens, quartered
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat grill for direct-heat cooking. Or position broiler rack so that top of meat on rack in pan is 3" from heat source; preheat broiler.
- In pot, combine sugar, preserves, pineapple juice, lime juice, zest, garlic, and pepper flakes; over medium-high heat bring to a boil. Cook, stirring occasionally, until thickened, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat; cool.
- Meanwhile, grill or broil chicken, turning once, 10 minutes per side. Brush chicken pieces with glaze. Continue grilling or broiling, turning once, until meat juices run clear when pierced with a fork, 7-10 minutes per side, brushing frequently with remaining glaze.
- Let chicken stand 10 minutes before serving.