Recipe by Domestic Goddess
This is a wonderful tasting side dish you could serve at Thanksgiving or Christmas, or anytime you want. Ingredients to make this side dish are: a can of sliced carrots, canned pineapple tidbits, cornstarch, salt & butter.
- 1 (16 ounce) cansliced carrots, drained but reserving liquid (2 cups)
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) can pineapple tidbits, drained, but reserving syrup
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon butter
Directions See How It's Made
- In a 1-1/2 quart saucepan, gradually add the cornstarch and salt, with the reserved liquid and reserved syrup.
- Bring to boiling; stirring constantly.
- Cook about 3 minutes, or until the liquid is thick and clear.
- Stir in the tablespoon of butter.
- Add the carrots and pineapple; stirring gently.
- Heat through.