Recipe by Kree
This is another recipe from Lean and Luscious and Meatless that I want to try ASAP. It looks like it would be sweet and spicy. It also has only 100 calories and 3 g fat per serving.
Top Review by LonghornMama
Simple to make and unusual flavor. I like the idea of pineapple juice as sweetener. The soy spice combination was unusual and may not appeal to everyone. DH and the kids turned their noses up but I thought it was OK. Next time I'll probably omit either the spices or the soy sauce. I have this cookbook and several others by the authors which are great especially for low-fat heart-healthy cooking. Thanks, Kree, for sharing the recipe!
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 4 cups carrots, cut into matchstick-size pieces
- 2⁄3 cup pineapple juice
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon reduced sodium soy sauce (can also use regular)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 pinch ground allspice
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over med-high heat. Add carrots. Cook, stirring frequently, 8 to 10 minutes, until carrots are tender-crisp and start to brown.
- While carrots are cooking, combine remaining ingredients in a small bowl. Stir to dissolve cornstarch. Add to cooked carrots. Cook, stirring constantly, 1 minute, or until sauce is thick and carrots are coated.