Montana Heart Song's Note:
I have had this recipe for years.I have changed the type of apples and made one crust and topped with cool whip instead of whipped cream. Arrange the apples in a circle, it shows through the glaze and place the cool whip in the center.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In large pot add 1 1/4 cup pineapple juice and sugar. Bring to a low boil, add apples.
- 2Simmer about 4 minutes, apples should be tender but not soft.
- 3With slotted spoon take out apples and drain in colandar, have a dish underneath to catch liquid.
- 4In small bowl, add 1/4 cup pineapple juice and cornstarch. Stir to dissolve.
- 5Add to hot pineapple mixture, stirring until thickened. Turn the heat down when thickening. Should be clear and not milky.
- 6Take off the heat. Stir in margarine vanilla and salt. Cool about 30 minutes, do not stir. Take any juice drippings from apples and stir into mixture.
- 7Pour half of the mixture in the pie shell covering bottom.
- 8Arrange apples in the circle around the shell. Spoon other half over the applies, smooth with the back of a spoon. Chill.Before serving top with whipped cream or cool whip in the center.
- 9Optional Serving: Place 8 slices of Kiwi fruit on top of pie for 8 servings.
Browse Our Top Pies and Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pineapple Glazed Apple Pie
Serving Size: 1 (254 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 266.0
- Calories from Fat 61
- Total Fat 6.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 193.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 36.6 g
- Protein 1.2 g