Recipe by Betty K. Rocker
I wanted something different to top my pork chops for dinner one night. I created this from things I had on hand. My picky-eater son loved it! This sauce would be great on chicken tenders too. If I had fresh ginger, I would have minced up about a tablespoon and substituted it for the powdered version.
- 1⁄2 cup apple juice
- 3 tablespoons pineapple preserves
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1⁄3 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon powdered ginger
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients in a small saucepan.
- Bring to a boil on medium heat, stirring every minute or so.
- Reduce heat to medium/ low and simmer until reduced by half.
- The sauce should have the consistency of table syrup when hot and the consistency of jam when served at room temperature.