- 1 (46 ounce) unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 1⁄4 cups fresh lime juice
- fresh ginger, chopped (3-inch piece)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons grated lime rind
- 2 cups light rum
- crushed ice
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring the first 5 ingredients to a boil, stirring until sugar dissolves.
- Decrease heat, and simmer 8 minutes.
- Remove from heat; let stand 1 hour.
- Pour pineapple mixture through a wire-mesh strainer into a big pitcher, discarding ginger.
- Stir in lime rind and rum.
- Serve over crushed ice.