Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
Plenty of sweet flavor in this tasty dish.
- 1 (20 ounce) canunsweetened pineapple tidbits
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 4 (7 ounce) pork loin chops with bone
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup water
- Drain pineapple, reserving 1/4 cup juice; set aside.
- Combine pepper and ginger; rub over both sides of pork chops. In a skillet, brown chops in butter for 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Add orange juice, 1 cup pineapple and reserved pineapple juice. (Refrigerate remaining pineapple for another use.).
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until meat is tender. Remove pork chops and keep warm.
- In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, salt and water until smooth; stir into pan juices. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with pork.