Recipe by Dancer^
This stir-fry is spicy and piquant with the bold flavors of pineapple, ginger and molasses.
Top Review by dina.aronson
This recipe was a huge hit. I am vegan so I used soy-based ginger chicken chunks, which reduced cooking time so it was really quick. I also used frozen pineapple pieces (from Trader Joes); their 16-oz bag is exactly 2 cups. I will definitely be making this again!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 2 cups fresh pineapple chunks
- 3 tablespoons molasses
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 8 green onions, cut into 2 nch pieces
- 1⁄4 cup minced crystallized ginger
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat a large wok or skillet over high heat.
- Add oil and when hot add chicken and stir-fry until brown on all sides, about 6 minutes.
- Remove chicken and set aside.
- Add pineapple and molasses to wok and stir-fry until pineapple is brown and tender.
- Stir in the lime juice, red pepper flakes, green onions and chicken.
- Sauté until scallions are bright green and the chicken is fully cooked, about 15 minutes.
- Toss in ginger and serve over rice.