Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
Oh Boy! these are so yummy! What could be better than cheesecake bars made with candied pineapple and ginger. Your guests will beg for this recipe. Only you need to know how quick and easy these are to make.
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup sweet butter
- 2 tablespoons candied orange peel, thinly chopped (may substitute with 1 tbsp freshly grated orange peel)
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup candied pineapple, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄8 cup candied ginger, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- For crumb mixture - combine in a small bowl, flour, sugar, butter and candied orange peel.
- Beat on low speed for 2 minutes until well mixed.
- Set aside 1/2 cup of the crumb mixture for later use.
- Press the crumb mixture into an ungreased 8" square pan.
- Bake for 12 - 15 minutes, just until edges are lightly browned.
- Set aside to cool, while you make the filling.
- For the filling - Combine cheese, sugar, egg and lemon juice.
- Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Stir in the candied pineapple and ginger.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture over the warm crust.
- Sprinkle the reserved crumb mixture on top.
- Put back in the oven and bake for 15 - 20 minutes longer.
- Cool completely, cut into squares and store covered in the fridge.
delish. i used orange juice instead of the lemon juice and it worked really well. yummy deserts should NOT be this easy.
I made these a few days ago since I had a bunch of pineapple left over after making my bf a hawian pizza and some cream cheese that needed to be used.... and my mother just loves cheesecake so where could I go wrong with this recipe? lol. I scaled this down to fit in a little baking pan and only needed to cook for about 10 minutes the second time, Mainly because of the size. Excellent recipe, I'm gonna try with strawberries next!
'Oh Boy,' is a good description of this, I guess, but 'OH, LORDY,' would be better! Soooooo NICE! A while back I candied my own orange peel, & last week bought other candied items at a local farmers' market, so had all the NECESSARY items right here! These bars went together so easily, & the results were great! Oh, yes ~ about the last step, you can forget it, 'cause they'll be gone before they can "cool completely!!"